VIP Smiles has used air abrasion technology to exceed our patients’ expectations since the 1980s. We were one of the very first dental practices in Utah to begin offering the advantages of microdentistry to our patients. Call today and make an appointment with one of the most up-to-date dental offices in the country!
For most patients, air abrasion enables our dentists to complete their fillings with little or no discomfort, making drilling, shots, or injections to numb the teeth unnecessary. Air abrasion microdentistry works by using a concentrated blast of air – similar to a tiny sandblaster – which contains very fine particle of aluminum oxide. This blast clears away decay to leave your tooth healthy and intact, conserving more of your natural tooth structure than would be possible with more traditional methods.
Micro air abrasion works by using a concentrated blast of air, similar to a sandblaster, containing very fine particle of aluminum oxide. This blast clears away the decay to leave your tooth healthy and intact, conserving more of your natural tooth structure.
Fast Facts about Air Abrasion
- First used in dentistry in 1943 in California
- First used by Dr. Ingram in the 1980s
- Used to place thousands of fillings over the years at VIP
- Patients prefer this to drilling and shots
- No pain, no shots, no noise, and no burning smell for most patients
- Helps our dentists create smaller fillings that save healthy tooth structure
- Allows for less time in the dental chair: average time is 2–3 minutes compared to 20–30 minutes per filling with traditional methods
- Fewer appointments, with more fillings completed in one visit
- Fantastic for those nervous about drilling and fillings!
For more information about air abrasion microdentistry, please contact our practice today. We would be happy to answer as many questions as we can over the phone and schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. Call today to make your appointment!